Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Blog 7: Final Four

After finishing my last book I am now reading "The Final Four" which is a book about college basketball teams playing in a huge tournament, and the tournament coming down to the final four teams. This book took place in 2009, during what is called the NCAA tournament. I started the book a few days ago and have gotten pretty far in the book. So far they have talked about how the seasons are going for the different teams but mainly the Michigan State Spartans, and the Troy Trojans. The main characters in the book are Malcolm, Roko, Crispin, and M.J. All of the boys play for Michigan State and are fighting hard to accomplish their sports goal, which is to win a national title for their school. All of the students have kept their grades good enough to participate on their team and are fighting to make everyone on their team happy. I chose this book because I can easily relate to the book. I also chose this book because it includes one of my favorite sports which is basketball. As I get near the more interesting parts of the book, the tournament is about to begin and the four close best friends are hoping to bring home a national title this year. It is win or go home, and being a Michigan State Spartan, they understand how hard they are going to have to fight in order to be successful in the tournament.

I chose this book because I can easily connect to the book. One way I can connect to this book is how Malcolm and his friends push themselves to succeed in school and have good grades knowing how important their education is if you want to play sports. This connects to me because I quickly learned and understood that education is far more important then sports because without the books, you aren't able to play. Another way I connect to this book is how the book contains college basketball and the final four. I connect to this because my dream is to play college basketball because of the atmosphere and because I watch college basketball and the final four. I believe college basketball is part of the big stage, because the fans get tremendously loud and make you feel the hype and enthusiasm. But I think I mainly connect to this book because all of the friends in the book love the sport of basketball. They all love waking up everyday, going to practice, and playing in all of their games. And that is how I feel about basketball. Knowing that if I chase my dreams for basketball and that there is a chance of me making it big, I love playing this game and I love that I was introduced to this sport from my family. I enjoy playing with my AAU team and wish to go somewhere with this sport just like the characters in this book wish to do. That is how I connect to my book, "The Final Four."

No comments:

Post a Comment